Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sister Frisch's Letter from August 17, 2015

Sister Frisch and her Casa

Hello!

The days go by so quickly and are so busy that I hardly remember what happened yesterday. I am so grateful for journals :)

Something that I have really loved this week is the Mormon Message called "Lift". I recommend everybody watch it. At the end it says this: "it's interesting the dichotomy between healing the body and healing the soul. When we heal the body it is always an inward effort. We are always paying attention to ourself. When we heal the soul, turning inward doesn't work. The triage of the soul is found in turning outwards to other people."

I think one of the greatest if not best examples of someone turning out was in Gethsemane. In Luke 22 it tells of Christ's account there. He had just gotten done praying when priests arrived and one had his ear smitten off. Immediately, even after Christ had just sweat blood, he went and healed the priest. He turned outward in love even though these people were taking Christ to his death. He turned outward in love always.

I think the Lord knew exactly what was going to happen when he called me to this mission, and to my particular area.  Everyday except for Sunday and Monday we do about two hours of service in some shape or form. We've done everything from pulling out weeds, to cleaning out garages, to volunteering at the food bank, homeless shelter, retirement homes, ect. I look forward to these times of service because it rejuvenates me to do the Lord's work and I find great happiness there. I also feel an incredible amount of love from my God and feel love towards all the people here. I see how service heals the soul. Missionary work is difficult. It's hard having the door slammed
in your face with people not even saying a hello when greeted with a smile. It's hard when investigators drop you and appointments fall through and you feel like the work isn't progressing. It's hard to wake up at 6:30am and exercise and then walk all day, exhausted at the end of the day. But praying to my Father in Heaven and serving others has helped me feel of His love.  It truly heals my soul and right now there is no other place I would rather be than here on my mission. 

Any who, sorry this was long and deep.  I think the most encouraging words I can share with you all are found in the hymn "When Faith Endures":


 "I will not doubt, I will not fear;
God's love and strength are always near.

His promised gift helps me to find

An inner strength and peace of mind.
I give the Father willingly
My trust, my prayers, humility.
His Spirit guides; his love assures
That fear departs when faith faith endures."

Love you all! Peace!


Sister Frisch



The sisters in my zone at the MTC: sister Gasu, me, sister Arnold, sister Wells.
Sister Gasu and wells are serving in Gilbert AZ.


Vancouver West stake. Plus HIPPIE VANS!!!


These poppies are EVERYWHERE here!!! I love it!

Another pretty sunset.

District at the MTC

We traveled downtown and found this piano for the school of blind children outside of the library so, of course I had to play it.


Marijuana, pot, cannabis, whatever you want to call it, is legal here.
We drive by a couple shops of it everyday. It's nasty.

Braided Sister Taula's hair.

The library is way cool.  We just use it for wifi, but it reminds me of a contemporary art museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment