Monday, February 8, 2016

This is going to be a short one.


Some highlights from this week (besides sharing the gospel and feeling the spirit):

- First day of February! Woooo! Today as we were driving, we passed the Seaside High School (which is tiny). There was an entire herd of elk just chilling in the grass on the football field. People had stopped and were taking pictures because it was crazy! Sister Pope has seen that happen before though. If you look at google maps, you will see that besides our little town and even smaller towns, there is just forest.

-Seeing the stars, because there were actually no clouds in the sky and we were in the middle of nowhere trying to find a less active’s house.

-Trying to walk in 60 mph winds with sideways rain flying at us. We were soaked in seconds. I am handling the rainy weather here pretty well! It's crazy rainy weather, closer to like our monsoon rains. I do love living by the beach, though it makes me miss swimming more, even if it would be freezing to go swimming in the ocean.

-On Tuesday Sister Pope and I taught the most unified lesson together, ever! It was an awesome day.  I don't know what to say, except, I am exhausted and ready for bed and we talked to every single person we saw today. We taught 5 lessons today :)

The cost of groceries in a touristy town... Hmmmmm. Expensive. I really have to think about what I buy for groceries. It's almost twice as much here as things were in Vancouver, so a lot more expensive. I eat a lot of eggs now because it's a cheap form of protein and they are a cheap food overall.

We were also told a police man had been killed in downtown Seaside, a place we had planned to go last night but ended up not. Spiritual prompting there! Because then we would have witnessed the shooting. So yeah, everybody has told us about it and to be careful.  On Fast Sunday there were a lot of testimonies shared about the plan of salvation and prayer in response to the shooting in our Seaside community. (It's huge when someone dies in a population of 5,000).

I know that Heavenly Father lives. I know He is real. I know that Jesus Christ lives and is real and that they both love so much, infinitely much. I know that this gospel makes me happy because it brings light into my life. Christ is the light of the world. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church, restored on the earth through his prophet, Joseph Smith. I know God answers prayers when we go to Him with an open and sincere heart. When we have faith in Christ and act on that faith, miracles can happen. I love you all!
Love,

Sister Frisch


This is a picture of a unicorn/hippie van outside of the local cannabis dispensary.

No comments:

Post a Comment