Monday, September 7, 2015

Sister Frisch's September 7, 2015 Letter

Fog in our backyard.

Time passes so quickly, when I finally have a moment to sit and think about the week as a whole, not individual days, the days run together. This week, the famous Pacific Northwest weather arrived! It rains every day, now, and is cold, but the sun never fails to shine through at least once a day. They are little tender mercies that I love. This week has been full of those tender mercies.

On Monday, we had Family Home Evening at an old folks home, so, I got to see Bill! The Bill I have talked about before. Here is an added bit about his story--- we got talking about teeth somehow and he made the comment how he hasn't had them for 60 years. I was confused since he is 83, which meant they've been gone since he was 23. Turns out he was a boxer while in the army and lost all of his teeth after six years of that. He is a tough old fellow.


This is Bill.  Now, he spends his days making those 1000 piece puzzles.  
He whizzes through them, too!
This is Virginia, one of our investigators with a baptismal date.

Here is my testimony

I know God lives and loves. I know that through the proper steps we can return to live with our Father in Heaven as we see the beauty between the perfect balance of justice from the Father and mercy from the Son. How grateful I am for the Atonement, especially the enabling power which allows me to feel of God's love and heals my soul. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son and was called as a prophet to restore Christ's church. I have seen this truth transform from a belief to knowledge on my mission and it has made this gospel that much sweeter to me. I am forever indebted to my Savior who holds the infinite weight of human hope. I am grateful for our modern-day prophet, Thomas S. Monson who guides and directs us, leading us to truth in a world full of grey.  I love my Savior and my God. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 



We're matching today, kind of...

Our zone. Today during dodgeball we stopped to make an "S".


Tuesday we had a District meeting, and then had lessons with three investigators.
This is my District.  We have the ASL (American Sign Language) Sisters and Elders.


No comments:

Post a Comment